Friday, September 13, 2013

Autumn Sunset - My Poppystamps Design Team Blog Submission for 13 Sept


Fall is my favorite time of the year with the variety of colors and slight chill in the air.  It is in the anticipation of Autumn that I designed this card featuring the Viva Tree Die new from Poppystamps.
 

This card can serve for masculine birthdays, Autumn greetings, a thank you card or, in the US, a Thanksgiving Card.  It could even serve as a sympathy card.
I created this card by creating a background with chalk pastels to create the sunset.  The cardstock was 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.  After the sunset is created, I adhered the single piece of cardstock to an A-2 sized card with a top fold that I made from a sheet of cardstock.
I ran the Woodland Fawn twice and the Viva tree die once in brown to create the tree for the card. Next, I ran the Viva tree die several more times with yellow, green, orange, and red cardstock. 
The Country fence die will need to be run through the die cut machine twice to fit an A2 card lengthwise.  To join the fence trim the second fence to where the tall fencepost is at the end and adhere to the last fence plank on the first fence.
This card is a quick card to produce as the colored Viva Tree die cuts provide enough leaves for several additional trees with only the brown main tree needing cut again.  I hope you enjoyed this card.
Supplies I used for this card:
Viva Tree Die [#901] 
Woodlawn Fawn [#945]
Country Fence [#935]
Cardstock
Miscellaneous Supplies:
Adhesives - to adhere the scene to the base cardstock and to adhere the die cuts.  I found it easier to use a glue pen to add the tiny leaves to the tree and to the scene.
Chalk Pastels - to create the autumn sunset background




No comments:

Post a Comment