Happy World Card Making Day!
To join all the fun crafting going on today, I created a submission for the first ever Poppystamps Design Challenge!
For my submission, I created a "fall-o-ween" scene using die cuts, embellishments, and distress ink.
Poppystamps Warm & Cozy Fire 
Poppystamps Fireplace Logs 
Poppystamps Curious Cat 
Poppystamps Pouncing Cat 
MemoryBox Tree Frame 
MemoryBox Tiny Bubbles 
MemoryBox Grim Cauldron 
Tim Holtz Distress Inks [Spun Sugar, Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire]
Other tools include: ink blending tools, embellishments [bats], adhesive [foam adhesives, glue dot minis, tape runner], color markers [for coloring the fire flames] and cardstock.
1. Create the background using distress ink and ink blender tools. For this I began with Broken China all over the white background. Next apply Spun Sugar followed by Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves. Finally, blend in Chipped Sapphire.
2. Die cut the Tree Frame twice. Once on the inked background [once dry of course] and once on colored cardstock [I used dark brown]. Place the colored cardstock frame [not the background colored frame] on a layer of cardstock and adhere tightly [my frame color is black].
This will produce two things - the tree frame to the right and then the pieces that fall out can be placed carefully in the negative space in the color cardstock tree frame. This way you have the background for the scene and a nice gradient frame for another project.
3. Glue the pieces from the background into the colored cardstock frame to create an inlay technique.
4. Die cut the remaining pieces in your choice of cardstock. I used a medium yellow for the flame and then used orange and red markers and a blending tool to make it look more like a flame.
5. Assemble the scene with your favorite adhesives. I used some foam adhesives to give dimension. then I adhered the layer scene onto dark purple cardstock.
6. To complete the card, I added shiny bat embellishments.
If you like the card, feel free to leave me a comment or join my site to be notified when new cards are posted.