Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year and look into spring with my Chalet Window for Poppystamps Design Team

Springtime Chalet Window

As we say goodbye to 2013, the daylight stays a little longer and the thoughts of Spring begin to fill our heads.  Here is a my look into Spring from outside the chalet window.

January1SpringChaletWindowPeek
Signature
Supplies:
825 Grassland Border
968 Fairy Flower
963 Climbing Vine
898 Aston Side Table
872 Curious Cat - Small
891 Small Verano Lamp
916 Grand Chalet Window
 876 Pouncing Cat 
Another view below with the windows open to reveal the cats inside.
January1SpringChaletWindowOpen

Signature
For this card, I used the Verano Lamp Small in a different way. The base of the lamp became my vase for the flowers.  The top of the lamp became my lampshade for the handing lamp.  I added a tiny bit of yellow chalk under the lamp to represent the glow.
Next, I used the Fairy Flower and cut the stem with the flowers to use as the flowers in the vase.  I ran the flower again in both a darker green and then pink and then purple.  I cut the flower (or the leaf in the darker green) and glued it to the lighter green stem base.
I ran the grassland border a few times in two different shades of green for some dimension.  Finally, I ran the climbing vine through twice and weaved it in through the openings of the window.  Since I love cats, I added a couple that is visible when the windows are open a little wider.
Wishing a Happy New Year (and for my friends in Germany, Glückliches neues Jahr) to all.
Kimberly WM copy


No comments:

Post a Comment