Sunday, December 1, 2013

Waiting For Santa - 30 November 2013 Poppystamps Design Team Blogpost

Waiting for Santa

Greetings and Happy Holidays!
I hope this finds each of you well and enjoying your holiday season with friends and family.
I watched an old favorite the other night, Rudolph, and thought that it would be nice to create something that reminded me of Santa's flight. 

Supplies you will need:
 Santa's Sleigh [923]
Woodland Fawn [945]
Large Fremont Pine [906]
Let it Snow Clearmount stamp [CS309B]
Brillant Ink, Red-colored Glitter Glue, Embellishments [rhinestone, pearls], Q-tips, adhesives and scissors.

How-to:
I took a few Q-tips and dabbed them on the brillance ink pad and dotted all over the card to create the snow.  Then I cut the Fremont trees.  All trees on the card are from the Freemont tree, I just cut some of them to be thinner by cutting down with scissors after die cutting to give them the illusion of being in the background a bit.  I then added pearls of different colors to simulate lights on the tree.
I cut out a banner after stamping the Let it Snow and added a rhinestone to the center of the snowflake and used a glue circle to adhere to the card.  I glued the sleigh slightly tilted as if it were getting weighed down with packages and curved the deer legs just a bit as if it were ready to fly. I added a little of the red glitter glue as a collar for the deer.
For the snowy background I used scissors and rotated the paper slightly as I cut.  To complete the card, I added a little wooden laser cut house embellishment.
Have a happy holiday season and "let it snow!"
Kimberly WM copy



No comments:

Post a Comment