Monday, December 2, 2013

PoppyStamps Design Team - Blog Hop: Holiday Tags, packaging, and more


Treats are not just for Santa


Small gifts are a nice way to show someone special how much you care, and a hand crafted tag makes any gift extra special!  Our blog hop showcases tags and/or packaging and sometimes even a recipe perfect for gift giving.

If you are following along the blog hop you should have reached me from my dear friend Jeanne Jachna.  

I recently purchased some scrumptious truffles from a local chocolate shop, The Chocolate Fetish in Asheville, NC, for a small gift.  I wanted a way to make it a bit more personal thus I decided to create my own packaging.  




Supplies you will need:

Cardstock 
Poppystamps Die - Peppermint Twist [964]
Poppystamps Cling Stamp - Holidays Sparkle
[CS307B]
Double sided adhesive tape
Brilliance Ink
Scissors
Ruler





For my packing, I placed my truffles side by side and measured to determine how long and wide it needed to be.  I used a ruler to draw a rectangle and then outlined the sides and drew flaps.  It helps to use a scoring tool and score on each fold line.  Then cut out the box's bottom.  To finish, use double sided tape on the flaps and fold to create the bottom.

Next, trace around the bottom of the box, and add a little extra space (as a buffer) so that the top will fit over the bottom.  Again draw the sides and flaps and score. Once the top is cut (and before assembly) cut the swirl decoration across the top.

I love to use Poppystamps dies in many different ways.  I am always thinking of how can I use this or that as a component in another project.  I certainly like to make my money stretch and the Peppermint Twist die is one of these versatile dies.  It is a two-piece die and you can create candies without the swirl and add embellishments with just the base or you can use the swirls separately (as I did here) or use them together and make peppermints!

Once the swirls were cut, I randomly stamped only the snowflake from the Cling Stamp - Holidays Sparkle across the top and the sides of the lid. The photo below shows a lidded treat box with the three truffles peeking through the swirls.

If you don't want to do the calculations yourself, you can find many tutorials from Splitcoast Stampers or on YouTube to help fit the packaging to your contents.

View into the box from the top













Thanks for stopping by and don't forget we have hidden prizes!  Refill your coffee, tea, or cocoa and hop on over to the blog of a super creative lady and fellow design team member, Lezlye Lauterbach.

One random commenter from 3 of the following blogs will be chosen to win a Poppystamps die of their choice.  So while you are hopping, remember to leave a comment!

Remember: You have until December 8 to leave a comment - winners will be posted on Poppystamps Blog on December 9.



39 comments:

  1. I love making boxes. Yours is very sweet...both inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little box, I also love making boxes. Chocolate....yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to make the chocolates more of the showpiece! Love the box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable gift box. Love the little peep holes made by the peppermint candy die. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea! And the recipe sounds wonderful. I love your project!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your creation looks way too scrummy Mary, love how you made this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did I just call you Mary? So sorry Kimberly, I am trying to find a little diversion in blogging, but you can tell where my mind is, can't you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ira, no need to apologize. It is fine. :-) Thanks for the compliment. And it was all I could do not to eat the chocolates (but I confess, I did buy a piece for me).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore receiving personalized candies in bright colored boxes - great holiday gift idea for neighbors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your box!! What a unique way to give a gift!! Love the inspiration!!

    Judy
    lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty box! I love the peppermint swirls on the lid!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want cupcakessssssss, love your boxxxxxxxxxxxx, yummy!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How clever you are. Love the gift box.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice project!! thanks for sharing!! blessings !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy Yummy... beautiful gift box.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a darling way to package a sweet treat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your packaging idea! I'm always looking for unique ways to pack gifts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely idea. Wish I'd seen this before I cut the hole in my tea light box lid. This is so pretty. Ah well, maybe next time......

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really a great idea and you made it look so easy! I love the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a darling box and what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is a beautiful box ¡¡ Great idea¡ and so cute¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea and use of the peppermint twist die

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great idea for a thoughtful gift to say "Thank You" etc....So sweet :0)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This packaging is great like a present! It is like a piece of your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great packaging idea for your candy - love the die cuts and color !!

    karenajo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cool packaging and great idea to share! Love this as a gift! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fabulous idea! This die is perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great idea for little Christmas gifts. Love this die!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great presentation for your special truffles... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a wonderful use of the die. It makes such a cute package that anyone would love to receive.

    ReplyDelete