Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Easel Easter Card

This card is an easel card made from Stampin' Up! (SU!) products.

Cardstock: Primrose Petal, Daffodil Delight, Pearlized White
Punches used: Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch
Framelits: From the holiday 2012 mini that is carried over called Window Frames Framelits.
Stamp sets: Happy Easter from Teeny Tiny Wishes and Chocolate Bunny
Accents: Martha Steward pearl accents, generic purple thin ribbon
Tools: (Non SU!) Bow-easy (to tie the bow) It is $4.95 and worth it if you are bow challenged as I am.

For this card I used the next to the largest framelit and cut out a single piece of yellow paper. Then I used a standard 8 1/2 x 11" paper and cut in half. Then I folded one side in half and placed the framelit just above the crease in order to get the shape and keep the card connected.

After that I used the third largest framelit in the set to cut the pink paper followed by the 4th largest framelit to cut the paper to stamp on. This is a very small window so if you have an image that is large skip the pink (or layering) framelit cut.

I used the Chocolate Bunny in brown ink to stamp on the image. I then scored the front of the attached card 1/2 way down so it would fold for the easel. Afterwards I aligned the single cut to this and glued only the overlapping section. Then I glued the remaining pink and white sections.

In order to make the easel stand, I used the modern label in pink to layer behind the word window for the greeting. To add a little bit of interest, I put two tiny lavender pearl accents on each side of the modern label, a pink pearl accent for the bunny's eye and tied a purple bow for the bunny.

To affix the greeting determine where you want the easel to display and place the greeting on dimensionals. I am not certain who will get this yet but perhaps my friend's boyfriend's daughter who is six and wanting to learn English. Natalie - don't tell if you are reading this..... :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment